Texas Instruments is a trusted and reputed name when it comes to superior quality calculators packed with all the needed features. The brand offers a range of calculators right from scientific to graphing calculators. Two of the most popular calculators from the brand are TI 83 Plus and TI 84 plus. Both these calculators are meant for the people searching for graphic calculators.
However, a lot of buyers get confused between both the models when it comes to making a final choice. So for helping you decide which one is worth the money, I am going to list down the differences between TI 83 and TI 84. Before looking at their differences, let us look at the features and specifications of both these top-rated and best graphing calculators.
Key Features of TI-83 Plus Graphing Calculator
- The calculator has an LCD screen and a readable display with a 64 X 96 pixels resolution.
- It can display graphs as well as tables on the split-screen so that one can easily trace the graph while scrolling the value.
- This graphing calculator also features in-built memory storage and analysis of up to 10 matrices.
- It has graphing tools that can be helpful to do mathematics and science coursework, including statistics and finances.
- Ti 83 plus calculator is allowed for tests and college boards such as PSAT, SAT, Math IC, and more.
Key Features of TI-84 Plus Graphing Calculator
- This graphing calculator gestures a full-color backlit display along with high-resolution.
- It features preloaded apps and images that make it easy for users to do complex calculations.
- There are seven different graph styles in the calculator that help in differentiating the look of all graphs.
- It also comes with a TI Lithium rechargeable battery.
- This version, like TI 83 plus, is permitted for use in SAT, ACT, PSAT, AP, and other such competitive exams.
Difference Between TI 83 and TI 84
TI 83 Plus
TI 84 Plus
|This graphing calculator comes with a feature of the easy-to-use graphing interface along with a simple programming language.
|As this version is a color graphing calculator one can easily differentiate between several graphs and plots due to color-coded equations.
|The calculator doesn’t feature MATHPRINT functionality.
|The calculators display the number in the “MATHPRINT” format which makes it easier for students to use this calculator and put the values of fractions.
|TI-83 is a bade model and features 160 kb memory and 24 kb RAM.
|TI-84 has twice the processing speed of TI-83 due to its 480 kb of memory and 24 kb RAM.
|This calculator was one of the first versions from TI and hence it is a little bulky.
|This calculator is 30% slimmer than the older generations of the calculator.
|TI-83 calculator doesn’t feature a USB port and can be connected only to other models such as TI-83s or TI-84s. One needs to opt for an external T link for transferring data from the calculator.
|This model from Texas Instruments has a mini USB port to configure external devices or even to transmit data from the calculator to the PC.
What is the Difference Between TI-83 and TI-84 in a Nutshell?
Both these calculators are amongst the best-selling graphing calculators due to their features, durability, and ease of using it. However, the TI-84 is an advanced model featuring a colored graphing specification along with a Mathprint and USB port that is missing in the TI-83 model. Apart from these features, all the other specs are similar, more or less.
To summarize, the TI 84 plus graphing calculator has a faster processing time and offers a better user-friendly experience due to its advanced features.
As mentioned above, both these calculators are allowed for use in competitive exams. So although TI 84 can be a better choice, you can make a decision based upon your personal preferences. I hope this article helps you understand the differences between TI 83 and TI 84 to make an informed choice.