Best Calculator for Electrical Engineering – Top 5 Calc for Engineers
One may agree that regular calculators are not enough for studying engineering or any other technical course for that matter. Ordinary calculators cannot handle the complex calculations which are quite common in the courses of engineering stream. There are many calculators available today that are made for specific applications such as graphing calculators, scientific calculators, and more. Likewise, there are some calculators that are suitable for engineering students as it has all the required functionalities and features to solve complex problems.
Some might think that investing in a good scientific calculator will be okay for such courses, but not every scientific calculator can help you with such types of calculations. Hence to make the right choice and invest in a calculator that has all the features required for solving your problems, we have curated a list of best calculators for engineers that work well for all engineering courses.
Best Calculator for Electrical Engineering
1. FX-115ESPLUS Casio
Are you looking for an affordable yet excellent calculator for your electrical engineering studies? The Casio Fx-115ESPlus is one of the best calculators you can get your hands on. It is equipped with over 280 functions that include fractions, statistics, standard deviation, linear regression, and other mathematical operations of calculus, trigonometry, physics, etc. It has a large multi-line display that shows entries and results in the same manner as they appear in textbooks. The calculator is easy to use while working which gives it an extra brownie point.
- The calculator has a natural textbook display which shows the mathematical expressions exactly as they appear in the textbook.
- Unlike some options, this one operates on solar power and also has a battery backup supply for using it without any worries.
- The calculator comes with a hard protective case to protect it against scratches, damage or accidental drops.
- It is suitable for both high school and college-going students.
- It is quite easy to use this calculator given it has all the functions one might need for different subjects and courses.
2. HP35s Scientific Calculator
Are you looking for an engineering calculator with Reverse Polish Notation mode? Then HP35s is a better and reliable calculator for electrical engineering courses. It is well built and has a mature design running for years. With a large memory of over 800 entries, it offers two different modes –Reverse Polish Notation mode and Algebraic entry-system logic mode. This combo feature is a big advantage of this calculator, as it is rarely available in any other scientific calculator. It has a thinner body than other models, and also allocates multiple functions to its keys such as hyperbolic, trigonometry, square roots, etc.
- This HP 35s is one of the most versatile calculators out there as it allows the users to choose between RPN or algebraic entry-system logic.
- The calculator features a library of more than 100 built-in preloaded functions to make your calculations easy and quick.
- It has a large two-line alphanumeric display that can help you view entries, results and more.
- As the display is equipped with adjustable contrast features, one can easily use this calculator both indoors and outdoors.
- The calculator features a robust memory where it allows the users to store equations and then use it to solve any variable or apply the equation in conjunction with other functions or calculations.
- This calculator is affordable and also comes with 1-year limited warranty by manufacturers.
3. Casio FX-991EX Engineering Calculator
Are you facing difficulty in cramming formulas? Then this advanced scientific calculator will help you in solving your problems. This calculator has interactive operations and has a textbook-based display. It makes calculations of complex mathematics operations quick and easy. It also performs advanced calculations for vector inequality and calculus. The best part is that it provides online visualization using QR codes for data representation. Lastly, this calculator is equipped with everything that you want.
- This Casio calculator features a high-resolution LCD that can show more work and reduces the scrolling.
- As it has 2-way power one can be assured of using the calculator without any worries of running out of power.
- The calculator features an online visualization service that generates a QR code that can be scanned to view the graphical representation of the data.
- The calculator also features a comprehensive set of advanced calculations that can help students with integration, differential calculus, and other complex calculations.
- The users can also view their collective data in real-time with other students or users.
- It is supremely affordable and is suitable for basic math, calculus, algebra, geometry, statistics, and more.
4. Texas Instruments TI-36X Pro
Are you studying Ti-83 electrical engineering programs, and you are not permitted, graphical calculators? Well, in that case, the Texas Ti-36X Pro Engineering calculator is an excellent alternative for your electrical engineering classes, courses, and testing situations. It is a compact model that works similar to Ti-84 calculators. With its 4-line Multiview display, multiple calculations are seen at a time. Its MathPrint display feature shows calculations, as seen in textbooks. You have a choice of solvers: numeric equations, linear equations, or polynomial.
It also displays defined functions in tabular form. Performs vectors and matrix functions using the entry window and also determines derivatives and integrals. Hence it is ideal for high school, colleges, and especially engineering students.
- This calculator is packed with all the features that one might require for statistical analysis, Boolean logic operations, unit conversions, and more.
- It features a MultiView display that makes it easy to view a number of calculations at the same time.
- The users choose from the three modes of solvers that this calculator offers that include a system of linear equations, polynomial and numeric equations.
- One can also use this calculator to view a defined function in tabular format.
- This calculator can also be used to perform vectors and matrices as it comes with a vector and matrix entry window.
- It also gives the options of selecting degree/radians, number format mode, floating/fix mode, etc.
- The calculator also features functions that can help with converting fractions, decimals, and other terms such as Pi into other alternate forms.
5. Helect 2-Line Engineering Scientific Calculator
Helect 2 –line is a superior scientific calculator electrical engineering and civil engineering students. The calculator is popular among the students for its excellent performance and ability to work on trigonometry and statistical calculations. It has three angle modes: degree, radian and grads, and scientific or engineering notations for solving problems. A long-lasting battery is one more advantage as students can use it for years and years. Further, it has a double-line display that shows both results and entry at the same time.
- This calculator is a professional-grade scientific calculator making it suitable for one and all.
- It offers scientific/engineering modes and three angular modes.
- This calculator handles statistical equations up to two variables and has multi-replay and up to 240 scientific functions.
- It has a wide display that can make the entire calculations easier to review and check.
- This Helect calculator features responsive buttons, scratch-proof design and clear numbers.
- The calculator comes with a manual and customer service card.
People Also Ask
Which Calculator is Best for Engineering Students?
Here are some calculators that are suitable for engineering students:
- Texas TI-36x Pro
- Helect 2-Line Engineering Scientific Calculator
- Casio FX-991EX Engineering Calculator
Do I Need a Graphing Calculator for Engineering?
A scientific calculator can suffice, but it’s better to opt for graphing calculators to get help with solving complex problems. And some of them are also permitted for exams.
Which Engineering Calculator is The Best?
Casio FX-911 and Texas TI-36x Pro engineering calculators are the best ones that one can get.
Which Calculator is Allowed in Engineering?
All the above-mentioned options in this blogpost are allowed for engineering and other courses such as algebra, calculus, etc.
Which Calculator is Best for an Exam?
Casio FX-911 and Texas TI-36x Pro engineering calculators are permitted for entrance exams.
From the above-listed options, now you might have understood that
- All these scientific calculators suggested above are ideal for electrical engineering students as well as other engineering students.
- Calculators are either dual-powered or single-powered; choosing a dual-power one is a smart choice.
- They have a multiline display or two-line display, making it easy to carry out complex calculations.
All the products that we have listed are best as per our knowledge and research. Selecting the best calculator for electrical engineering from the above list is difficult, and hence we would like to recommend one, and that is, Texas Instruments TI-36X Pro Engineering/Scientific Calculator. We hope that the above information will help you to select the best calculator for your needs. So go ahead and perform your complex calculations.