Let’s be clear about one thing – Scientific calculators make life easy. They solve problems quickly and have a wide range of unbeatable applications. Students and professionals alike depend on scientific calculators for their calculations. In fact, many standardized examinations allow students to use these calculators because manually solving those problems could take hours. The same holds true for accounting, taxes, real estate problems, etc. All these professions require the use of a reliable scientific calculator.
Best HP Scientific Calculator
About The HP Scientific Calculators
In the world of scientific calculators, HP stands tall and strong as a frontrunner. The company has a range of calculators devised for specific purposes. They are all reliable, of course, but you must choose based on your requirements to be able to make the most of them.
Choosing A Scientific Calculator
Here’s a short checklist that will help you zero in on the right product from HP:
- Usage: Different calculators have different functions. If you are a finance student, your requirements will be different. If you are a real estate professional, you will need another device. This holds true for all options out there. So, outlining your needs is very important.
- Display: Choosing a display that can show complex equations in 1 go is recommended. A single-line calculator may not be enough. We advise at least a 2-line calculator. There are 4-line options as well.
- Memory protection: Idle calculators often power off to save energy/battery. But what if you were in the middle of a calculation? You wouldn’t want to lose that. That is why memory protection is a must-have feature.
- Cost: Cost is an important parameter as well. You need to be sure that the calculator is reliable and affordable at the same time, especially if you are a student. Professionals can, of course, invest in a high-end calculator.
Best HP Scientific Calculators – Editor’s Choice
Now, let’s dive directly into the top calculators from HP, according to our experts. Make sure you examine their features closely to determine which one suits your needs the best.
1. HP 35S Scientific Calculator
First on our list is the HP 35S model, which is a suitable choice for professionals and students alike. It works on 2 CR2 batteries, which are included in the packaging. Below are additional details:
- The LCD display has 2 lines and can show 14 characters and indicators.
- It is ideal for medicine, science, surveying, SAT tests, ACT, AP Physics, AP Chemistry, PSAT, etc.
- It comes with more than 100 built-in functions and 800 memory registers.
- The calculator has a memory protection feature that retains the last calculation when switched off.
- You can choose between the algebraic entry system and RPN logic.
- It powers off automatically in 10 minutes.
2. HP 10S+ Scientific Calculator
This one’s an affordable, Amazon’s Choice calculator with some very good features. We recommend it for high school students and teachers due to the following features:
- It helps learn concepts of trigonometry, algebra, statistics, and general math.
- The calculator comes with 240 built-in functions and can tackle statistical tasks, regression analyses, random numbers, and permutations.
- With this calculator, you can also do hexadecimal conversions and decimal conversions.
- It has a powerful battery as well as solar backup. This means you can use this calculator for years without problems.
- It has a 2-line display that’s easy to read.
- It powers off after 5 minutes of being idle.
3. HP 300S+ Scientific Calculator
The HP 300S+ calculator is another good choice for students. Whether you are a high school student or a college goer, this device can be your good buddy. Why do we say so? Read on to find out:
- It has an LCD, 4-line linear display.
- The calculator has a good design – much better than the others in its league.
- It works seamlessly even in low-light conditions.
- It works on batteries.
- With more than 315 built-in functions and 9 memory registers, this one is a steal deal for students.
- You can use it for multiple applications in general math, trigonometry, statistics, etc.
- Memory protection is another attractive feature.
4. HP 32Sii Scientific Calculator
This calculator is a variation of the 32S calculator that we have all loved over the years. It requires 3 batteries to function and comes with the following features:
- It has a very powerful program library.
- The 100 built-in math and science functions make it easy for students to calculate their equations.
- You must use the RPN notion for data entry.
- It allows basic math conversions, arithmetic calculations, math, and trigonometric functions.
- It has a one-line display with the ability to showcase 12 characters simultaneously.
- The calculator has 26 variable keys and 384 bytes of memory.
5. HP 15C Limited Edition Scientific Calculator
It is simple, compact, and portable. If you are looking for a standard scientific calculator that comes with all the basic functions, the HP 15C model will not disappoint you. Below are a few more details:
- It works on the RPN notion.
- It is suitable for scientists and engineers who need a calculator for complex operations, root solving, matrix operations, etc.
- It makes data entry simple and straightforward.
- It has a good display and multiple built-in functions.
- The calculator is a limited edition model designed for collectors.
You will note that each of these calculators has specific uses and applications. So, comparing them is the only way to understand which one is the best choice for you. If you are unable to decide, we are always here to help. Don’t hesitate to reach out!