Solar calculators are among our favorite innovations. They are easy to use and very easy to charge because they feed off the sun! So, you don’t have to worry about changing the batteries or running out during an exam.
Best Solar Calculator
But, in this world of “too many choices,” there are multiple solar calculators that you can pick from. Some of them are outdated and a few are not reliable. This is why careful research is important. And, through this article, we are going to help you with just that.
How Does A Solar Calculator Work?
Solar calculators consist of photovoltaic cells that work to capture sunlight and power the device. How quickly it charges depends on the calculator’s capacity and the intensity of sunlight. Newer models come with greater capacity and charge faster. But, old ones are quite weak. So if you have one of the outdated models, you must upgrade.
Can We Charge A Solar Calculator Using Artificial Light?
Yes, you can. For example, during nighttime, you can use artificial light to charge your calculator. However, this may take longer. Also, again, it depends on which model you have.
Best Solar Calculator – Editor’s Choice
Now, we shall take a look at some of the top available choices of solar calculators. Our experts have used all of them and have given us honest reviews. You can trust them without any second thoughts but we advise you to compare all of them to choose the one that’s best suited to your needs.
1. Casio HS-8VA Solar Powered Calculator
- It is a 2-way power calculator, which means that it can work on solar power as well as batteries.
- It has an LCD display capable of showing 8 digits in one go.
- This is a white-colored pocket calculator.
- It comes with the necessary batteries to get you started.
- You can perform all basic functions with this one such as addition, subtraction, square root, markup, and percentages.
2. Casio SL-100L Basic Solar Folding Calculator
This is another lovely device from Casio, which our experts love too. It is a basic, portable calculator with a range of good features such as the following:
- We love that it is a folding calculator that you can slip into your pocket.
- It has independent memory.
- The calculator has an 8-digit display that’s easy to read.
- It also has a separate square root key for quick calculations.
- It is capable of all basic calculations.
- You can use batteries during low-light conditions.
3. Sharp Electronics Twin Powered Calculator
This calculator from the Sharp Store is a simple device with an old-fashioned design. But, it works wonders and is quite long-lasting. Read on to find out more:
- It is a twin-powered calculator, which means it can work on solar power and batteries.
- The display is quite large and clearly shows 8 digits in one go.
- The power automatically shifts to battery power when the light conditions are not adequate.
- It has separate memory plus, memory minus, and clear/recall memory keys.
- You can calculate percentage, sign change, and square root with individual, dedicated keys. Plus, it performs almost all basic functions.
- It has a hardcover, which protects the keys and the screen during travel.
4. Helect Calculator – Standard Function
The Helect calculator is available in various colors. They are all great to look at and easy to use. We have enlisted its features below:
- If you would like a large display that shows more than average digits, this one is for you because it has the capability to display 12 digits at once.
- It has 2-way power – solar and battery. The battery takes over when the sunlight is not bright enough.
- It has a few more functions than a basic calculator such as currency conversion and tax conversion.
- It also has command and function signs.
- You can calculate profit margin, +, -, etc.
- This is a good-quality desktop calculator.
5. Desktop Calculator – Large Display
The last one on our list is also a large calculator with a 12-digit display. The standard device is suitable for home, office, and school applications. Read on for more details:
- The LCD display is huge and enables you to see all digits clearly.
- The buttons are large as well and you can press them accurately.
- The dual power design enables all-day usage.
- It has multiple functionalities such as memory, backspace, auto power OFF, CE, grand total, etc.
- It has a metallic finish, which makes it durable and aesthetic at the same time.
A calculator may be a small device but it has the ability to change the way you work. It makes things easier and faster especially for those who rely heavily on calculations. If you are one of them, you must consider spending more time comparing models to find a good one. All the options above have many positive ratings and happy users. If you need any more assistance, kindly leave a comment.